“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” 1 John 5:14-15
Thanks so much for your prayers. Please keep them coming. Here are a few more specific things we need prayer for.
- Pray for our preparation. I’m feeling a little stressed with the details, and my anxiety is increasing as the time approaches.
- Pray that God would work miracles in the life of M, that he would be made “paper ready” and be given a court date soon. I’m praying that we will see real progress in his case while we are in Ethiopia.
- Pray that Lulu will pass court on 9/28 and be able to come home soon.
- Pray for the health and safety of both children.
- Pray for our safety as we travel. We leave for Ethiopia on 9/25, arrive there on 9/26, leave for home on 10/2 and arrive home on 10/3. Pray we will adjust to the time difference rapidly.
- Pray our donations for the orphanage arrive and pass through customs without difficulty.
- Pray for the attachment process between us and our children.
- Pray for our safety while in Ethiopia.
- Pray for our interaction with the staff at the orphanage and the local people we encounter. We want to be representatives for Christ when we visit, and we want to bond with our children’s caregivers. Pray we will have opportunity to witness for Christ while we are there.
- Post-adoption depression happens to more than half of adoptive couples. Please pray that we will be shielded from this. Pray also for us both as we leave our children in Ethiopia to come back home on 10/2.
- Pray for our friends who are also in Ethiopia for court on 9/28 to adopt two girls. Their oldest girl is having the same paperwork problem as M.
Thanks so much. We are so grateful for our family and friends. We will be praying for you also.